Saturday, December 22, 2007

Went to see santa and the grinch came to our house

So on Wednesday of this week we went to the museum that is right by our old house in North Durham. We saw a bunch of our friends there and the kids had a lot of fun. Then we went to the mall that is near to the museum to see Santa and ride the train. We were in the bathroom and Charlotte was asking to ride the carousel, I told her I only had enough cash to go on 1 ride and she needed to pick one. When we came out of the bathroom a lady was standing there with a $5 bill and said she wanted the kids to be able to go on both rides. The kids were so excited. After they rode on the train and carousel they went and sat on Santa's lap. We got home after being gone about 4 1/2 hours. I noticed a couple of presents were out from under the tree, so I asked Simon if he did it. He said "Yes". I then noticed that a bunch of presents were missing and asked him where they were. He said that he put them outside in the garbage can. I was totally confused and kept asking him about it. I then put him down for a nap and called Dave. I explained that almost every present under our tree was missing and I think someone came and stole them. I came down the stairs and noticed that my laptop was missing and then I knew we had been robbed. I think I was in shock for the first day or two. I couldn't fathom that someone would actually come and steal our Christmas presents. We found that at least 21 presents were taken along with our camcorder, laptop & Dave's Ipod. I now think that maybe that sweet lady at the mall that gave us the $5 kept us out of the house long enough that we avoided seeing these people in our home and getting hurt. The first night I could hardly sleep, but it is getting better now.

At the museum they have a dinosaur exhibit that
is storing just a few dinosaurs that will go across the road
on the "Dinosaur trail" the trail was originally put together
in 1967, but all of the old dinosaurs are either gone or crumbling.
They are building 150 dinosaurs to put on the trail in 2009.


Simon and Charlotte played with these sand beads
forever.
There is an old train at the museum that the kids
love to play in.



Looking super excited on the train at the mall.


Loving the carousel. We brought Charlotte to this carousel
on her 1 year birthday.

2 comments:

The Kerr Family said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe you got robbed right before Christmas. I'm so glad you guys weren't home--thank goodness for the $5 lady. That totally sucks about all the presents, computer, and Ipod. I would have been freaked out too and not able to sleep. Can't believe it! We're so glad you guys were all right though.

laura said...

I don't even know what to say about this whole thing. I felt sick to my stomach as soon as my mom told me what happened. The $5 lady...what a blessing in disguise.

We love you guys and hope you have a very Merry Christmas despite what has happened in the last week.