Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kids

So on Saturday we had a pioneer primary activity.
I was in charge of the doughnut eating contest...
(Jeanette, I do not want to cause you painful flashbacks
by looking at the photos below)
Charlotte has never cared if she is dirty, if her
clothes are dirty, room is dirty, etc. Simon is
so clean that if he gets a drop of water on his
clothes it is a slight seizureish event. So Charlotte
comes up to have a turn and she says "no, I do
not want to get my mouth dirty"
For real....check out her hands to the doughnut

Then Simon dove in on his turn.


We always have to keep the bathroom and laundry
room doors closed or Henry will get into mischief.
He is very similar to Charlotte in his curiosity and
mischief. This is how I found him a couple days
ago.

Today he got into the pantry and dumped
out trail mix and fishy crackers all over.

Those of you who have been around Henry lately
know how often and loud he screams. At Costco
the other day another child was screaming and it
sounded just like him. I looked over and the mother
would slap/hit her child on the mouth every time and
say "say please" It happened like 10 times, and
obviously the child couldn't talk yet. How strange
it was that someone would be hitting their child
in the face, period, but especially in the middle of Costco
and not think it was wrong.

A couple hours ago Charlotte is swinging, twisting, etc. Simon on the swing.
He is screaming for her to stop and she doesn't listen. I finally have
to go over and physically stop her. We get in the car a little
while later and she says "look at the picture I drew with the
Sharpies" I have told her about 50 times that Sharpies are not
allowed. She responds "I forgot" Side note to this is that she has
on a white skirt and white tank top. We start driving and within
5 minutes Simon says "my throat hurts" and starts to throw up.
The car was completely covered. Perfect. I then reminded her
that next time he asks her to stop she should listen.

3 comments:

Kim C said...

How great are you kids?

melancholyjune said...

Janet, I have missed posts about the kids. Although I love your quirky funny posts but this one made my day! And if Jeanette does not have horrible flashbacks about the doughut, I did. S is the same way about the getting dirty. We miss you guys!

The Patten Family said...

Your kids will always be the ones that make us die of laughter!