Monday, September 28, 2009

Trip to Tonga day 4

This day was one of the most exciting and
memorable days of my life, and for sure of the trip
My dad set up a trip our 2nd day in Vava'u to go
on a whale watching boat. I was excited to see
the whales while on the boat.
A mormon church we saw while on the boat
The man waving on the dock owns and runs this
resort on a small island. The resort is called Treasure
Island and I heard there was a Survivor that was
filmed here.
As soon as we were out riding around we soon
saw many whales in the water. Some other people
were putting on wet suits and the owner of the
boat asked if we wanted to get in and swim
with the whales. I said I was fine just watching
them from the boat.
I quickly changed my mind as people were coming
back to the boat telling about what they saw.
This picture is proof that I looked pretty while
swimming with the whales.
We would find the whales and then they would
stop the boat and we would jump into the water
and swim out. The water was so clear you could see 50 ft
in all directions. You just looked down and the
whales would be swimming underneath you.
It was amazing. If you enlarge the picture above
this you will see my flipper. We were able to get
so close to the whales.


I was in the water when this happened. This whale
had just swam past me and then jumped out of
the water.
the light blue, smooth area is where the whale is.
Add Image
We also saw a bunch of dolphins. They were
swimming all around the boat.


We ate lunch on this uninhabited island. The lunch
tasted horrible, but it was beautiful.
My dad has been in this cave.
The resort we stayed at from the ocean view.
The boat crew.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I am soooo jelous! How awesome, thanks for sharing.

Janee said...

What a cool thing to be able to do. I think we need to go there someday.

Karen Vandersea said...

Oh my goodness! Swimming with whales and dolphins -- how amazing! I love the photo of the whale tail flipping upward! That is just so neat.