Thursday, September 3, 2009

Growing up


So on Charlotte's first day of school I offered to
take her because she is now gone all day long. She
is at school an extra 25 minutes in the morning
if she rides the bus. When she was in Kindergarten
they have a separate drop off spot and the teachers
are out there waiting. They then play on the
Kindergarten only playground right in front. This year
she rides to school with the big kids and I was
worried. I put her on the bus and drove over to school
to wait for her. She ran off the bus and said
"why are you here?" and continues to run past
me. I follow her in to make sure she knows to
go to the playground and not her classroom and
she runs down the stairs while I yell "bye Charlotte, I love you"
no response. I then spent the rest of the day feeling
so sad knowing that my days of her being around home are
forever gone and basking in my sadness. A few days ago
I asked her about school and she said some of the kids
have been crying and the girl "Emma" next to her cries
with her head on her desk bellowing "mommy". I asked her
if she missed me and she says "You?, then chuckles, no"

4 comments:

Amy Brindley said...

I love your posts and I love your kids! You guys are riots!!!

The Singer Family said...

feels like just yesterday they were being crazy 2 year olds, doesn't it? I'd rather her be like she is than crying for you all day, though, right?

The Patten Family said...

that is so great that you put her on the bus but then drove to the school to see her. I love it! Oh I'm just laughing. It is totally something I would do.

Shannon Stoker said...

I love Charlotte!!