Thursday, October 15, 2009

Simon's quilt and bed

Two days ago I finally finished Simon's quilt.
I had painted his new bed and was looking all
over for bedding and decided to make a pieced
quilt instead. I love nothing more than to buy
fabric. This quilt took me a month to put together
and then I took it to a lady who did the machine
quilting on it. I did the binding this week and it
took almost 5 hours of hand sewing. It was horrible.
Simon has told me thank you a million times, so
it makes it worth it.



5 comments:

Janee said...

I've been dying to see the finished product. I love the quilt. You always find the cutest fabrics. And the bed looks so good in blue. I really love those beds. I'm so glad I bought them. Now I need to see it in person. It seems like it has been forever since we've gotten together.

The Harrises said...

Well it turned out like something from Pottery Barn. I'm glad when I'm done with my sewing projects too. I don't love them "sew" much, especially with kids.

laura said...

So cute! You are so crafty!

Jana said...

The bed turned out awesome. I love the color. Now I want to paint Cortlen's bed (which is red) that same color blue. I also want to make a quilt exactly like yours and tell everyone that I came up with the idea all by myself.

Becky said...

well done! i can say handsewing for 5 hours is really rough! truely it is. all worth it when he is so thankful.