Thursday, May 8, 2008

Found a house

So I finally found a house. I have been searching
like crazy the 8 days since I got here. I had a list
of about 12 houses but I didn't really like any of them
enough to go look at. The area we were wanting to live
is super expensive for a beautiful split level house that
was built in 1962. I found this house last night and my
parents and I drove past and the street is wonderful.
It has huge trees up and down the street and cute little
street lamps down the street. We put in an offer tonight
and hope to hear back sometime tomorrow. Hopefully
everything will work out. I had mentioned in my last post that
we would probably only have 2 trees in our yard - there is 1 tree
in the backyard. I am super homesick, I try not to think
about how much I miss North Carolina and all of my friends
because I cannot change anything. I am super excited to go
back for David's graduation in June. Simon was asking if Becket
his friend from NC could come play today. It is hard because they
don't really understand that they will never see most of their friends
ever again.

9 comments:

Amy H. Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy H. Ellis said...

I wanted to add to my post but the only option was to 'delete'. Oh well. House hunting is no fun but it looks like you have a found a great one! Hopefully the sale will go through quickly. Welcome back to Salt Lake - where there are definitely less trees but more family! We are glad you are back!

Kallas Family said...

we miss you!!! I hope all goes well with the whole house thing because we are having a heck of a time with everything!!!

melancholyjune said...

hey janet! we do miss you guys. sawyer keeps talking about "simon's new pda". we're having a hard time here as well. news for another day. the house is cute!

melancholyjune said...

i like your new "playa". awesome tunes

linda said...

I can't wait to see your house in person. do you need some hoff posters to decorate your bedroom?

Janee said...

Janet,

The house looks so cute. I'm so happy for you guys. I love the playa too.

The Harrises said...

Not true! We will see you again....Hello! In June (maybe if things aren't too busy).
Congrats on the house. It looks cute. We will need the details if the offer goes through. Is there major work to be done on the inside compared to your last house?

Kallas Family said...

I am waiting for a house update!!