Saturday, April 26, 2008

Things I will miss

This past week has been pretty crazy. I have been packing and trying to fit in some of my favorite things around here. I have made sure that I go to the flea market every Saturday this past month. I was hoping to make it to the amazing zoo here, but didn't get a chance. I went to the Liberty antiques festival with my mom yesterday and it was great. I also made sure I went to dinner with some friends. I have such great friends here, I am going to miss all of them SO much. It is so hard to absorb all that is going on. Davey and I have lived here almost a whole decade. North Carolina is always going to hold the best memories for us. It is exciting to move onto the next phase of our life, especially when Dave will be home more. Here are a few other things we did this week.



The museum of life and science. We love this
museum, it has everything you could imagine
http://www.ncmls.org/







Sarah Duke Gardens. I met a couple of my
friends here for a picnic.
http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/




Pickin strawberries. I will miss this so much
The berries are always so yummy and we make
our jam and of course some ice cream.
http://www.jeansberrypatch.com/




I will also miss all of the trees. I just took
these photos of our backyard. I know in Utah
we will probably have like 2 trees in our yard.




One thing I will not miss.......Mosquitos. I already
have about 5 bites on my legs. We have a creek/standing
water behind those woods in our yard and it is a breeding
ground for mosquitos. I get bites even when walking
to my mailbox.

7 comments:

Janee said...

Janet,

You've just made me sick for NC. It is so hard to move. Once you get settled into Utah you will be happy there too. Good luck with the move. Hopefully we will see you soon.

Kallas Family said...

The best part about you moving is I am moving just a few weeks after you and to the same place!!!! Yeah!! We for sure need to get Simon and Owen together after we move.

melancholyjune said...

Janet

I did not get a chance to say good-bye to you. I know we did not know each other that well but I am going to miss you guys! It was a joy getting to know Charlotte in Primary and Simon and his adventures in Nursery through Sawyer. We'd love to see you guys if we're ever in the area!

-Christina

The Harrises said...

Let us know if you get there in one piece. Good luck and I'll touch base when I'm out.

linda said...

At least now you don't have to recycle anymore. And when I come to Utah, excuse me, Zion I can see you.

Jana said...

Personally I am glad that you moved away from Durham because whenever I drive through Raleigh from now on, I'll know that I have a fighting chance at all the good stuff at the flea market. Dang you early riser!

laura said...

I can't imagine what it takes to move across the country but I am sure you are exhausted. I am so happy arrived to SLC safley and we can't wait to see you this weekend!