Friday, April 18, 2008

Packing nightmares

I have spent around 5 hours a day packing for 6 days now. I would not recommend it to anybody, especially with little kids. Charlotte and Simon are loving unpacking the boxes after they are packed and destroying the downstairs while I am upstairs. They are both exhausted whenever I ask them to clean up. Yesterday I was upstairs packing and Charlotte and Simon were playing on the deck. I looked out the window and saw Simon putting about 6 inches of the blade of a box cutter into his mouth. Miraculously he did not cut his mouth. I then brought them up to have a bath. I went into my room for a minute and came back to them using the tub as a slide so my entire bathroom was drenched, I suggested they could finish their bath on the floor since it had more water than the tub. I put more water into the tub and again went into my room. I came back to find them both standing up and peeing into the tub. I filled up a tub a third time because I still hadn't washed their hair. I let them know that most likely the water would be cold to which they started crying about. After their bath I went to get Charlotte her pj's and came back to find they wanted to empty out all of the toys from the toy chest. All I could say was "Are you kidding me?"

2 comments:

laura said...

I can only imagine your frustration! It is hard enough packing up with just 2 people and no kids! Just think...in a couple weeks you will be here and no more packing!

we can't wait to see you guys!

Shannon Stoker said...

Oh, the bath-tub woes! Nathan loves splashing all the water out, but both kids PEEING in the tub?! Made me laugh out loud...glad packing is finally done, for your sake! We miss you guys already!