Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The history of the koosh



Most of you are probably aware that Simon has serious issues with koosh balls. Some of the new ones are softer rubber and light up. It used to be that I couldn't walk into Target without him screaming bloody murder because he knew they had the big ones there. The PC term for them is now puffer ball or hairy ball. Last fall it was so bad that I had to call friends before I went to their houses to remove anything that had any resemblance to a koosh in texture. At this same time Simon was obsessed with clocks. Not your usual toy for a 2 year old. We worried he had Sensory processing disorder. After a month of observations I got him approved to get occupational therapy from "Sheila" Simon has loved going to see her, and she has helped him out so much. Today was our last day with her so I took a few photos. She not only helped him with his koosh fears but the last couple weeks they even play catch with his gigantic puffer ball.


Here they are playing catch. She even taught
him to hug the ball.


5 comments:

Kallas Family said...

I am so proud of the kid. Now I do not have to hide it when he comes over!!

Rachel Oswald said...

Kolby's parents had one of those balls at their house over Christmas and Cohen was scared to death of it too! Kolby kept tossing it to him and eventually his fears subsided. I am glad Simon loves it now too.

laura said...

He is honestly one of the cutest kids! I'm happy he has moved past his fear of koosh balls. I hearing stories about your kids and can't wait to see you ugys this month!

Janee said...

Janet,
I love the fear of the koosh ball. My friend's son was in therapy to get past his "bell" phobia. He freaked out every time the bell rang at school. I think he is past it now.

You need to post some pictures of NC this time of year for those of us who can't get past the 40 degree mark. I need some greenery and flowers. It is getting seriously gloomy here.

Anonymous said...

Okay... I am trying to leave my first comment on a blog. Your blog is the highlight of my day every time I read it! You all crack me up! I cannot wait for you to be home with us finally! We are all sooo excited to have the fun back in the family!

A Labrum