Thursday, May 29, 2008

our perfect family dinners

So tonight the kids and I are sitting outside eating dinner when Simon announces "I want to pee on the grass" I agree to it. A few minutes later I yell for him to come back up and eat and he appears totally nude. I then tell him that he needs to go get his clothes and he replies "I can't, I peed on them" I told him he has to eat and so he ate without any clothes on. A few minutes later I was cleaning up and I went looking for the kids and caught them about to ring the neighbors doorbell, Simon is still naked at this point. It was so quiet and relaxing.

7 comments:

Jana said...

Janet,

That is one slippery slide that you're on my friend. I let my boys pee in the bushes one time and now they think the world is their urinal.

I'm dying to know what's up with you...and your house. What's it like? Any wallpaper? Purple carpet? I need details!

Shannon Stoker said...

We love Simon! This totally cracks me up!

melancholyjune said...

funny! hope things are well with the house! know anyone who wants to buy one in durham?!!

rachel thurston said...

came across your blog again and read this little jem. nothing is more funny than naked kids running amok in the neighborhood.

also...checked your music that you had playing and we have similar taste! matt pond, sigur ros, band of horses. next time I am in utah we should do a music swap.

linda said...

okay, I can't believe you let him pee on the lawn. that kills me. also - I know you can't remember but I can - you ran around the neighborhood naked ALL THE TIME!!! EVERYWHERE. Tell Simon that I think he should be spending a lot more time in the buff.

Lizzy said...

Your stories always are always a serious highlight on my blogging trail . . . so funny!

amandapack said...

Perhaps Jack and Simon were brothers in another life.