Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our new house

We got the keys to our new house 2 days ago. When I pulled up to the house the men to rip out the carpet in the basement were already there waiting. I spent the first night painting the trim. In the photo you can see it is the color of "Thousand Island Dressing" I am just painting it white and then the walls before the new carpet is installed. We were excited to see that the sellers left the hot tub. I am not going to be moving anything into the house until Davey gets here. My kids are starting a preschool camp that lasts for 2 weeks next week and I am excited about it. Simon's dog "t-bone" is in time-out more than my kids because he says "poo". Simon is the one putting him in time out. He tells me to start the timer and I hear him disciplining him. Simon still hangs out with his make believe friend named "Deanit" He makes up crazy stories about him all the time.

Our deck. We are getting a railing
put in. From where the picture was taken is
a 5ft drop to the driveway.

The entry to our home

Finally I have a nice stove top and oven.

The kids dancing around our living room.

Charlotte went crazy while playing
with Henry. The one on his right foot
is his favorite and it was driving him crazy
that he couldn't reach it.

Charlotte told me the basement
didn't look too good when they tore out
the carpet.

9 comments:

laura said...

Your new house looks great! Why didn't you call us to help with the painting?! I can't wait to see it in person.

See you soon!

Janee said...

We're so excited for you and have been waiting to see pictures. How is it being back in the Ute?

Kallas Family said...

I love it!! I can't wait to come see it!! congrats!

Becky said...

Your house is so great! Mom and I drove by last night but you weren't there. The outside is so cute!!! I am so excited to see the inside... Please let us know if you need help with anything!!

melancholyjune said...

BEAUTY! I'm excited for you guys to be settled. Are you coming to NC soon?

The Harrises said...

janet-
Nice house-o-rama. Looks like you have your work cut out for you, and again, no husband. Love the timing. At least you don't have wallpaper to steam off. Your house looks very classy. I'll have to take a peak when I'm out this summer.
As for a little reunion when you come out....we leave mid morning on the 27th. I don't know what life will be like, but let me know where you are and we'll try to meet up.

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

Love the house, Janet. The pictures look so nice and what a treat to have a hot tub. You can enjoy it on those 40 degree nights now. Wish we were having some of those. We miss you!

linda said...

It looks really nice. I am excited to see it.

Jana said...

I need more pictures.