Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Painting is so much fun

In the past 7 days I have spent about 25 hours painting the trim at my new house. I am so completely exhausted. Most of the time I have all 3 kids with me while I am alone painting. It is so hard without David here and my parents are on a cruise so I don't have the help with the kids. On Saturday I was painting for 6 hours. After 4 hours David's sister Laura came and picked up the kids which was so nice. Right before she showed up I heard Simon outside yelling "I need to poo, I need to poo......." over and over. I yelled for him to come inside and he didn't so I went and found him on the front steps and also his poo on the front steps. The new carpet is going to be installed on Wednesday so I have to finish up all of the painting. I realize how old I am getting because I am so sore all over. My sister in law Ellen gave Simon a new PDA a couple of days ago. He is super excited and of course carries it everywhere. He has made it clear that boys have PDAs and girls have purses. Today I asked him to clean up and he said "No" so I told him I was going to take away his PDA. He got upset and was yelling that I cannot take his PDA because I am a girl and only boys have PDAs. My parents have a bunch of young girls that all live close that can babysit for cheap which is great. In NC you had to pay a minimum of $8 per hour. I gave my babysitter $20 for 4 hours and she was super embarrassed and told me it was too much. Well, I must get to bed because I have a lot more painting to do tomorrow.

4 comments:

Janee said...

It will all be worth it once the painting is done. I forget how much work it is moving into a new house. I've been looking around at my house thinking about all the things we need to do just to sell the house. We can't wait to see your house all put together. Also, I loved that Simon pooped on the porch. That is classic.

melancholyjune said...

Sawyer still talks about Simon's "new PDA" to this day. And the poo on the steps is classic. Who did you get to babysit in NC for you? Seems kinda steep. I'd help you paint if I were there. Only one more week and Dave is DONE!!! HOORAY!!!!!!

Shannon Stoker said...

Poo on the porch? Oh, that Simon! Glad to hear the painting is finally done....

C. Rick Henriksen, MD, MPP said...

I am pretty sure that Dave talk this little stud how and where to do this mischief. I still remember the good old days of Dave and Wright corrupting all of the boy cousins. :)

Any way I would love to come by some time and catch up with you guys. Drop me an email with directions...