Friday, June 20, 2008

Davey got his license

The past few weeks we have been waiting the arrival of David's license so he could work when he gets out here. I went over to the house last night to do some yard work and the mail had come. I was so happy to see his license had finally arrived. I put the mail, my phone, Henry and the kids clothes on the deck. The kids were in their swimsuits and were going to play in the sprinklers. They also had the hose and were spraying each other. I told them the deck was a "no spray" zone. I know I told Charlotte at least 4 times. Sometimes I hate to tell her not to do something because it will tempt her even more. I was in the front yard for about 5 minutes and when I came to the back I saw the baby had water on his legs, Simon's clothes were soaking wet and.......David's license was wet. Charlotte really knows how to get under my skin, and this was no exception. First she claims she forgot. Then she said Simon told her to. On the way home I bought Simon a Happy meal and she was trying to "kiss up" to me. She told me things like "I love you" "I love our family so much" "I love our house" "Thank you for all you do" Her compliments are always convenient upon when she is wanting something. I was on the phone with Dave this morning and I had her tell him what she had done. While I was on the phone she was putting the leash on Ruth. I told her not to take the dog outside and went and grabbed Henry. I came out and was trying to find her and sure enough...she was coming in from taking Ruth outside. Any suggestions on how to tame this "beast" before she is 16?

3 comments:

melancholyjune said...

I can highly recommend "The Incredible Years" class. I don't if it's offered in UT but I took it here in Durham and it was AMAZING. I think you can buy the book on amazon. But they go through steps on how to get your child where you want them to be. The top two things they recommend as tools: 1. play with you child. 2. Ignore the bad behavior unless it is a health/safety issue. 2 is hard, especially since Dave's license was involved in the mess. they say to use time out as a only in instances where house rules are broken (no throwing, hitting, etc). I know this was long but if you want more info, I am more than happy to share! Good luck!

laura said...

Goodness...I can't believe this! She definitely has a personality! Let me know when I can take the kids again. It will at least give you a break for a bit. :)

a labrum said...

Oh... I am so sorry! Sounds a little like my Ella sometimes! I feel so bad that I haven't been able to help you much since you got here! I have been tending so much out here that it has been hard for me to get out there! When you get back we need to plan a girls night out. I am sure that we could all use it. I know that I could! Love you guys! Hang in there!