Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I am getting old


Last night Dave took Simon to the Jazz game and
Charlotte was feeling bad. I told her we could go
to the book store and look at books. I had taken
the stroller out of my car and so I had to carry
Henry. The minute we got into the store he was
arching his back and screaming to be let down.
Charlotte was looking at books for at least 20 minutes.
During that time Henry was running around
grabbing books off the shelves while I tried not to
lose him or Charlotte. It was horrible. Finally we
were checking out and I put Henry down for literally 5
seconds while I scanned my card and couldn't find him.
I was asking everyone around if they had seen a small
child and could not find him. I run outside to make
sure he didn't go into the parking lot. A few minutes later
a man is holding Henry at the top of the escalator.
Really.....he went up the escalator by himself. I was
so grateful he didn't fall down the escalator or get
his fingers pinched. By the time I got to the car I was
so excited to buckle him into his seat. Wish me luck
next week at Disneyland and Legoland.

2 comments:

Janee said...

So jealous you are going to Disneyland. I talk about taking the kids there all the time. They probably wouldn't dare go on any rides though. We've got a few wimps in the family.

The Harrises said...

Oooh! I'm so sorry that Henry is so much faster than you. You need one of those backpacks that have the little leash on them. I saw two of them at the Life and Science today.