Sunday, July 20, 2008

Smoking second hand


So we lived in Durham, NC for 8 years. Durham is "tobacco country" and the birthplace of all things tobacco. You really almost develop a pride about it. We never had any neighbors that smoked the whole time we lived in Durham. We moved to SLC and wouldn't you know it but our next door neighbors smoke. I went to their front door one day and saw 4 plastic coke bottles full of cigarettes. We have a swamp cooler for our house(no a/c) and so the outside air is sucked into our house. As a result we get all of the smells every single time they smoke.

As I was searching for smoking images I came across this.
It was so disturbing I had to post it. When I go to bed
at night feeling guilty about something I did or did not
do for my kids I can at least feel glad that they don't smoke
at age 3.

3 comments:

linda said...

HOLY SMOKES!

The Kerr Family said...

That is so crazy about your neighbors--4 coke bottles full! Wow, that's dedication for you, or should I say addiction.

And that pic is just so sad.

laura said...

Who teaches their 3 year old the "cigarette holding technique"? This picture is so sad!