Friday, October 3, 2008

Pumpkin Cupcakes

These cupcakes are so amazing. Kaylynn Osmond made them for Jeanette Anderson and I snuck one and was hooked.

Pumpkin Cupcakes
4 eggs
2 C sugar
3/4 C vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
2 C all purpose flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t ground cinnamon

In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed. Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack to cool completely.

Filling
Blend 4 oz cream cheese with 1/4 C of sugar. Whip 1/2 C of whipping cream adding sugar and vanilla to taste. Then mix the cream cheese mixture with the whipping cream.

Using a sharp knife, cut a 1 inch circle, 1 inch deep in the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Spoon or pipe filling into cupcakes. Replace tops

Yummy

Since the frosting is inside it is much easier for the kids to eat and also guarantees frosting in every bite.

3 comments:

Kenton Anderson said...

I am glad that you got the recipe. I had forgotton all about those cupcakes. I think it will be a conference treat!Thanks.

laura said...

These sound delicious! I am always looking for the perfect treat and I love cupcakes!

Rachel Oswald said...

Thanks for posting this. I love new recipes, and I know Kaylynn is an awesome cook!