Sunday, March 16, 2008

Durham Easter bunny is no good


Last year we went to 3 different Easter egg hunts. We went to one in Cary which was terrible, but the other 2 were great. The best one was put on by Durham parks and rec. Only a handful of kids came and there were hundreds of eggs. This year it was at a different park and there were a ton of kids. First problem is they put the 1-5 year olds next to the busy road while the older kids were in the main part of the park away from the road. 95% of the kids there were in the first category. Within about 10 seconds all of the eggs were gone and neither of my kids got any eggs. I had been building this up for a couple of weeks to my kids and they were so excited. A girl that was about 7 years old saw Charlotte had an empty basket and she gave Charlotte one of her eggs even though she only had 4 eggs herself. I told the kids that the Easter bunny would bring them extra eggs since they didn't get any.

5 comments:

J Short said...

oh I hope your kids weren't crushed! There is nothing like that around where I live in the suburbs of St. Louis but I really wish there was. It sounds really fun, and being before Easter it wouldn't conflict with anyone's holiday plans. No, myself and my family simply get up rediculously early in the morning to hide eggs before my younger siblings and the relatives wake up. Boy, having one of these festival days might solve that problem! HAPPY EARLY EASTER!

Today: In Seven said...

Found your blog by clicking "next blog", saying hello.

That was sweet of the girl to give her an egg. We have one here, held at the park, and everyone comes and everyone gets an egg. There are also other games, like carrying eggs on spoons and coloring. I hope that next year will be better.

The Kerr Family said...

That's crazy that they had the younger kids next to the road--obviously it was organized by someone who has no kids.

melancholyjune said...

we were totally at that one! forest hills, right? man we showed up a early (or so we thought) and it had already begun. We were lucky like Charlotte and Kennedy Kelsey gave Sawyer 2 of her eggs. Thank goodness we're moving! Durham county stinks!

-christina

Shannon Stoker said...

Found your blog...I love it