Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The kids in Africa


I think it is safe to assume that most of us grew up with the lecture at dinner time of "there are kids in Africa who don't even get food". I know that probably some of us are guilty of doing the same to our kids when they refuse to eat one bite of brocolli at dinner. A week or so ago I saw on Oprah a woman in Africa and she explained how she ties a belt around her stomach really tight so she doesn't feel her hunger. One night when Charlotte wasn't eating I told her about this woman and how her kids eat corn mush every couple of days and don't complain. Yesterday I was sitting at the computer and I overhear Charlotte telling Simon about tying the belt around his waist and asking him if he still feels hungry.



Simon then turned it into a tool belt.

1 comment:

Janee said...

I do all those things my parents did that I swore I would never do. It's funny when you hear your kids repeating the things you said.

Did you use ABF for your moving company? I hope that all works out for you. I'll be in Utah the weekend of May 10th for a wedding...maybe we could get together for lunch since you'll be a Utah resident then.