Sunday, March 16, 2008

Myrtle Beach

so I took the kids down to Myrtle Beach last week with 3 of my friends. There were 4 moms and 11 kids, so we looked like a bunch of polygamists. I was super nervous to go with the 3 kids and especially a new baby but it was so much fun. Charlotte and Simon hardly fought, I think because the hotel was so great. It had 2 indoor water parks and about 500 indoor pools. My kids only sat on the stairs of the hot tubs or ran up and down a little runway into the "lazy river" The other water was "too cold". Simon actually branched out a little on this trip. For those of you who know Simon, know that most things are "scary". He went down one of the water slides, which is a huge feat. He only did it once though because he said "water got in his mouth", which he probably told me 50-60 times. He also played in the ocean the first day which was a huge shocker. The rest of the time he either was throwing sand at someone, smashing someones sand castle or just sitting by me. Charlotte had so much fun collecting shells and playing with her friend Camber. At night we all were in one room and I probably got out of bed 15 times each night with requests for water or because they were coughing. I am going to miss living so close to the beach.

Simon going crazy in the water



This is all of us out to dinner at the Hard Rock one
night.


Charlotte and Camber


These are the fish that hang out around the feeding
posts.


We took the kids on the rides before we went to
see an Imax movie. Simon wouldn't wear his
glasses in the Imax movie and kept asking when it
would end.


This was Simon coming down the slide. All you can
see is his foot sticking up.


Henry was perfect. He just hung out in his carseat
for 5 days.


Charlotte was attempting to put this enormous
raft/float into the hot tub.


3 comments:

Jana said...

Janet,
So what's up with the house/move? I'm anxious to hear. Your pictures of the trip are great. I need to post pictures of my other kids, so people actually know that they exist.

The Kerr Family said...

Sounds like you had a great time. You're brave to take a trip with the 3 kids--I'm so glad that they behaved and you had a good time!

laura said...

Don't be too discouraged...there is the lovely Great Salt Lake beach you can go to anytime you want. ha ha!

Bravo on going on a trip with your friends! It looks like it was fun and I am sure it was entertaining with all of those kids!