Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Spinning class


So I am kicking my exercising up a notch since
I am basically the same weight as when Henry
was a month old. I have never been to a spinning
class and figured it was an hour of exercise vs. 30
minutes. I was super nervous that I would look
stupid.....
I got into the class a little bit late. I got onto a bike
and tried to adjust it. The seat was super high.
Finally I got it right and a man comes in about
5 minutes later and says "you are on my bike"
I apologize and he says "Did you really not notice
my water bottle right there?"
"Nope, sorry I didn't"
I am feeling stupid at this point and pick a new
bike(there were 8 others empty in the room)
I then get it adjusted I think but the seat still feels
a little bit high. I am trying to act like I know what
I am doing and I realize that everyone in class has on
bike shorts and cycling shoes. I really stick out I
realize. I continue on. About 15 minutes later I realize
that every part of me that is on the seat is killing. It
continues to get worse and by the end I am dying.
I go up to the instructor after and ask for her help
on adjusting so I am not in so much pain. She tells me
about some cream that is called "Assos" that you rub
on before class, wow. She says she couldn't tell that
I had never been in a spin class before and a few men
pipe in
"I noticed you were waddling all around"
"Your seat looked too hight"
"Your hands were in the wrong place"
I took some Tylenol before I went to bed. I think I
need to get a doughnut to sit on, literally. My whole
bottom feel bruised. Not sure if I will be going back
to that class.

3 comments:

Janee said...

Must be the third child. I am still the same size since a month after having Ellie. Yikes! I did some biking this past summer and my butt always hurt soooo bad after. I like the bikes with the more reclined seat. They don't hurt. I've never done a spinning class but heard they really kick your butt. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

linda said...

did I not tell you how hard spinning was? I guess I forgot to tell you of the pain in your butt - literally - that you get on those bikes. oh well, at least you didn't end up looking stupid.

The Harrises said...

You need to go back to stick it to the man! STICK IT TO THE MAN! STICK IT TO THE MAN!

my bum always gets bruised too. I try to tell Mat that my body is shaped differently than most causing me to be sore more easily, but he doesn't buy it. I really want one of those geriatric bike seats, but he didn't buy that either. have fun with the doughnut.